Is dry skin and wrinkles reducing your self-esteem? Well, not anymore.
If you have been using cosmetic products, you have likely heard about hyaluronic acid produced naturally in the body. Sodium hyaluronate, however, is not a common term used, but it is termed hyaluronic acid.
Sodium hyaluronate is the ultimate men’s skin moisturizer.
Though our skin needs proper maintenance, there is a need for natural component use. Sodium Hyaluronate Men’s Skincare not only strengthens and thickens skin, it deeply hydrates and helps smooth lines and wrinkles.
You might have come across skincare products containing Hyaluronic acid. Well, Sodium Hyaluronate (SH) is hyaluronic acid’s derivative, with similar benefits to the skin, and that is why it is also referred to as “hyaluronic acid”. However, there is a key difference between them.
According to research conducted in 2012, scientists observed the most dramatic change in ageing skin to be sodium hyaluronate disappearance. It was observable, especially in the skin top layer.
That is why your skin is becoming drier and losing that youthful texture as months go by.
This article focuses on a key difference between Sodium Hyaluronate and hyaluronic acid: uses, side effects, benefits, and applications of sodium hyaluronate.
Before going into details, let’s find out what is sodium hyaluronate.
What is Sodium Hyaluronate?
Sodium hyaluronate (also known as hyaluronic acid) is a water-soluble salt synthesized to form small molecules for oxidation resistance and stability. These smaller molecules hold 1000 times their weight while in water thus, the ultimate moisturizing men’s skincare ingredient.
Ideally, it is a form of hyaluronic acid. Hyaluronic acid and sodium hyaluronate bind water molecules and draw water into the cells, which keep the skin hydrated.
As we age, the skin loses its ability to moisturize. That is because the level of hyaluronic acid in our skin decline as we age, and that is where sodium hyaluronate products come in handy.
Difference between Sodium Hyaluronate and Hyaluronic Acid
The key difference between Sodium hyaluronate and hyaluronic acid is the molecule size, and sodium hyaluronate has smaller molecules than hyaluronic acid. This is why it has been gaining popularity in many creams and serums.
Sodium hyaluronate easily penetrates and hydrate at deeper levels. On the other hand, Hyaluronic acid has larger molecules that rest on the skin surface, protecting against water loss.
However, it doesn’t mean that one performs better than the other, and it rather indicates that skincare products containing both ingredients offer more outstanding benefits to the skin. Both support collagen through increased water retention thus, enabling collagen to stretch without breaking.
Valuxxo’s men’s skincare products all contain sodium hyaluronate.
Our night & day cream has a high percentage of sodium hyaluronate.
Also, Sodium hyaluronate tends to be less susceptible to oxidation, making it more stable. They are both used in cosmetics products, prized for their plumping, hydrating and anti-ageing benefits.
With Sodium Hyaluronate Men’s Skincare product, your skin will have superior hydration and support collagen. For optimal results, you can opt for products that contain both hyaluronic acid and sodium hyaluronate to benefit from their characteristics.
Uses of Sodium Hyaluronate
This skincare ingredient is gaining popularity because of its hydration characteristic. Many of our skin woes are because of a lack of moisture. But, when sodium hyaluronate is added to cosmetic formations, it helps in increasing the final product stability and reduces oxidation probability.
So, moisturizers, cream, and cleansers that contain this hydrating agent won’t leave your skin with an oily residue. In essence, sodium hyaluronate is used to;
- Deeply penetrate the skin, thus helping in retaining moisture for increased suppleness and firmness, leading to a revitalized appearance.
- Smooth wrinkles appearance and improve our skin texture
- Help relieve itching caused by irritated and dehydrated skin
- Replace our skin’s natural Hyaluronic acid that diminishes with exposure to UV radiation, the ageing process, and other environmental factors that cause gradual moisture loss
- Enhance absorption of other nourishing ingredients in the product
- Help reduce fine lines look as it makes the skin look plumper
- Remove loose flakes from your dry skin
Besides its use in skincare products, sodium hyaluronate plays a major role in helping several medical conditions treatment.
It is the main ingredient in:
- Eye drops; drops help treat dry eyes. It acts as a lubricant, thus moistening and soothing eyes
- Intravesical treatment for interstitial cystitis; these solution coats the bladder lining, therefore, improving quality of life and reducing pain
- Joint injections for osteoarthritis treatment. Osteoarthritis occurs due to low hyaluronic acid levels; sodium hyaluronate will help reduce pain, lubricate and cushion joints.
Combining sodium hyaluronate with other skincare ingredients
Cosmetic products containing sodium hyaluronate as its main ingredient also have other ingredients to help achieve greater results, including;
- Vitamin E protect and nourish the skin
- Vitamin A due to its collagen and anti-ageing benefits
- Collagen because of its water-binding properties
- Glycerin to moisturize and smooth skin
- Vitamin C for wound healing and anti-ageing properties
- Hyaluronic acid works on the top layer of the skin to prevent water loss and draw in moisture
Side effects and safety of sodium hyaluronate
Sodium hyaluronate is safe and gentle for use on the skin. Like any other new skincare product, sodium hyaluronate has few side effects, including pain, swelling, redness, and warmth.
As with all Valuxxo products, sodium hyaluronate is for external use only, and it’s essential to consult a medical practitioner before considering it for therapeutic purposes. Also, if you have sensitive skin, it’s advisable to avoid using sodium hyaluronate without medical advice.
Do not use Sodium Hyaluronate raw material on any sensitive area of the skin, the inner nose, and ears. In an allergic reaction, discontinue using the product and seek medical attention immediately. To avoid side effects, always consult with a medical professional.
Benefits of Sodium Hyaluronate Men’s Skincare
Cosmetics products enhanced with sodium hyaluronate helps to restore skin moisture, thus promoting youthful complexion. Some of the benefits include;
- It is an effective moisturizer because of its smaller molecules that hold 1000 times its weight in water. So, when applied to our skin, it helps retain moisture.
- This ingredient is a skin revitalizer. If you use it regularly, you will observe a smoother and softer feel.
- Since sodium hyaluronate is also used for medical purposes, it helps with wound healing. So, if acne is becoming problematic, it will help prevent scarring.
- This ingredient enhances nutrient absorption and blood circulation. You can use it with a nutrient-rich serum or moisturizer to benefit from other ingredients.
- It is a wrinkle reducer. This is due to its high hydration rate, and more moisture means plumper and firmer skin, making wrinkles less visible.
- It is best in fighting against dry skin as it helps add more water to your skin. You can count on it to correct irritation and flakiness.
F.A.Qs about Sodium Hyaluronate for Men’s Skincare
What makes sodium hyaluronate for men’s skincare great?
Unlike most moisturizing products, cleansers and moisturizing products containing sodium hyaluronate do not have a greasy texture. Ideally, it leaves the skin pleasant and fresh to touch. Also, sodium hyaluronate is non-irritating, making it suitable for all skin types.
Does sodium hyaluronate dry skin?
Sodium hyaluronate can dry out skin if misused. Though it is a powerful hydrating ingredient, it will behave like any other ingredient if misused. Always use the same amount of product as instructed.
Is sodium hyaluronate the same as hyaluronic acid?
Yes, sodium hyaluronate is the same as hyaluronic acid. Most cosmetic products use the term hyaluronic acid and both products help keep the skin hydrated.
However, sodium hyaluronate has smaller molecules than hyaluronic acid, which makes it penetrate deeper into the skin. On the other hand, hyaluronic acid has larger molecules covering the skin to prevent water loss.
And, both products have the same benefits, only that sodium hyaluronate penetrates deeper into the skin.
Sodium hyaluronate is a synthesized form of hyaluronic acid. Though it has the same benefits as hyaluronic acid, it uses a different mechanism; it penetrates deeply in the skin because of its small molecular weight.
Not only can it attract and bind with water, but it also maintains moisture in the deeper skin layers. This causes the top layer’s hydration, supports collagen, and strengthens and firms skin.
Before selecting any sodium hyaluronate men’s skincare products, always confirm with your dermatologist to check if it’s suitable for you.
Sodium hyaluronate is also non-irritating; therefore, you can use it to hydrate your skin in the morning and evening.
Valuxxo night & day men’s face cream has a high percentage of sodium hyaluronate. By selecting this product, you can achieve great results as it also contains active ingredients like vitamin E to protect and nourish and glycerin to hydrate and smoothen your skin.