Are you really confused about your seasonal colours? Do you want to learn about the methods to identify your seasonal colours? Here is the guide!
“This guide is for both Men and Women”
DISCOVER YOUR COLOuR PALETTE
STEP 1: FIND OUT WHETHER YOU ARE A WARM OR COOL TYPE
Each person is born with an undertone colour to their skin, which remains constant throughout their lives. A yellow undertone means that someone is warm; the tone can vary from a pale neutral to golden olive to copper brown. A blue undertone means that someone is cool and the tone can be porcelain white or pale beige to taupe-olive to dark chocolate brown and almost true black.
The following tests can be used to determine the skin undertone:
This is quite an easy test as only a careful look at the veins on the inner wrist will help you determine your skin undertone. It’s extremely important that you do the test under natural light. Refrain from using this test immediately after tanning. Also if there’s a deep tan on your skin then it can get extremely difficult to determine the undertone of your skin.
- Look at the veins on your inner wrist and determine whether they look more blue or green.
Green veins = Warm (Spring or Autumn)
Blue veins: Cool (Winter or Summer)
Silver/ Gold Test:
- You need to take one gold and another silver-coloured piece of paper or fabric. Now, place one hand on the gold piece and the other on the silver piece. You can also place any other part of your body that’s rarely exposed to the sun.
- Analyze which one matches bests your skin tone.
- Now the hand colour that blends with the colour of the fabric or paper is the right colour as it will have an even look. The hand that doesn’t match the paper will look speckled and uneven.
Gold = Warm (Spring or Autumn)
Silver = Cool (Winter or Summer)
STEP 2: FIND OUT WHETHER YOU ARE A DARK OR LIGHT TYPE
- COOL UNDERTONE = If your eyes and hair are darker you are Winter. If your eyes and hair are lighter you are Summer
- WARM UNDERTONE = If your eyes and hair are darker you are Autumn. If your eyes and hair are lighter you are Spring
STEP 3: FIND OUT WHETHER YOU ARE BRIGHT OR MUTED
You will need to identify the brightness level of your hair colour and eyes
Bright: Bright and deep – Bright eyes, Deep contrast between the colour of the hair with the colour of the skin
Muted: Soft and Medium – Between dark and light, neither very light nor deep
Seasonal Color Analysis – The Four-Season Breakdown
WINTER COLORS = COOL, DEEP AND BRIGHT
- Skin tone is often pale or porcelain with a rose undertone; they can also be dull olive (taupe, no yellow tones) with dark brown freckles, chocolate brown or blue-black.
- Eyes can be bright blue, green violet or very dark brown.
- Hair is often dark chocolate brown, black, platinum blonde, steel grey or white. for the seasonal colour analysis
AUTUMN COLORS – WARM, DEEP AND MUTED
- Skin tone has a yellow or beige undertone, can be pale beige with or without freckles, tanned with rusty freckles, or warm olive or copper brown.
- Eyes can be green, golden brown, hazel, dark teal or rich brown flecked with gold/green/teal.
- Hair is often henna, copper, deep reddish brown, auburn or red-gold. for the seasonal colour analysis
SUMMER COLORS – COOL, LIGHT AND MUTED
- Skin tone has rose-blue undertones, and can be “English Rose” (pale with pink cheeks) or pale tan, sometimes with feint beige freckles.
- Eyes can be grey, pale blue, soft violet
- Hair is often ash blonde, silver grey, or light ash brown.
SPRING COLORS – WARM, LIGHT AND BRIGHT
- Skin tone has a warm yellow undertone, and can be honey tan, pale tan with orangey freckles or pale and peachy.
- Eyes can be hazel, brown with gold flecks, or green. Hyacinth blue.
- Hair is often golden blonde, pale auburn, light brown, warm medium brown, or red-blonde.